Secure family fun - You are going to experience our Canadian Nature in a new unexpected way!
Air CANYON: Soar above the sheer canyon on a high speed chair ride with a churning river, waterfall and pristine forest far below.
Via ferrata: Clip onto a continouous lifeline and follow a scenic circuit across rock formations down to the Giant’s Pothole and alongside a waterfall.
No outdoor experience or high level of fitness is necessary. Both activities are family friendly for children and seniors. Each activity must be bought and done separately. While AirCANYON is open in spring, summer and autumn, you will be surprised to learn that is possible to experience Via Ferrata year round.
Take a seat in a double chair and soar 90 metres (296 ft.) over a spectacular canyon with its 74-metre (243-ft.) waterfall - one third higher than Niagara Falls - and above a churning river and its scenic suspension bridges. With the wind in your hair, reach speeds of up to 50 kph (31 mph). Experience the unique perspective then "fly" back to the docking station to catch your breath, completing a 396-metre (1,300-ft.) “flight”
- A passenger shall comply with all warning and instructions provided by the operations manager. They shall refrain from behaving in any manner that may cause or contribute to the injury of themselves or others. The operations manager may decide to prohibit someone from riding if needed.
- Food, beverages, glass, or any loose items are prohibited on the ride.
- It is required to contain hair or clothes in order to prevent them from getting caught in the installation.
- The double chair is designed to carry only one passenger per seat. Children in arms or babies are not allowed.
- A passenger must be able to sit properly in the seat and brace themselves adequately against the forces created by the ride.
- The operator may decide not to allow people to do the activity according to environmental restrictions (lightning, high wind speed, other prohibitive conditions that could harm the passengers or the equipment). A refund will be applicable.
A passenger must meet the following physical requirements to be permitted on the ride:
• Passengers must be at least 107 cm tall (42 in.) and fit securely in the restraint systems. Children between 107 cm (42 in.) and 120 cm (47 in.) must ride accompanied by an adult.
• Maximum weight for two passengers: 205 kg (450 lb.). Maximum weight per passenger is 136 kg (300lbs.).
• Passengers with physical disabilities must be able to sit in a way that allows the restraints to operate properly. All legs must be present to the knee minimum. Prosthetics are not allowed on the ride.
• People with fear of heights should not ride.
Passengers with the following medical conditions should not ride:
• Expectant mothers
• Neck or back problems
• Heart conditions
• High blood pressure
• Recovery of a recent surgery
• Any other condition that they may be aware of that may result in injury or complication
Need to Know About
• Sit comfortably, take a deep breath and... fly over the canyon, the roaring waters of Sainte-Anne's Falls and its Giant’s Pothole.
• The first equipment of its kind in Canada in a natural, grand and spectacular environment
- Activities like forest walks, strolling over the suspension bridges and visiting observation platforms are included in the dual experience.
- Get excited by the unique views from three suspension bridges up to 60 metres above the abyss.
- See the forest turn fiery orange and red during autumn.
- Bring your four-legged friend along – leashed dogs are welcome to stroll the canyon’s groomed nature trails.
- Many of Canyon Sainte-Anne’s attractions are accessible by wheelchair or a free adapted shuttle.
- Experience Canada’s first Via Ferrata that is open in the winter season.
- Exploring Canyon Sainte-Anne on the world’s third uninterrupted Via Ferrata - no clipping and unclipping of carabiners is necessary en route as they slide continuously over specially designed clips.
- Harnesses, helmets and drinking water are supplied for the Via Ferrata experience.
- Wear closed shoes and bring a camera.
- For the Via Ferrata in winter, bring warm walking boots, gloves or mittens, cold weather clothing - preferably multiple layers - a nutritious snack, water bottle and small backpack.
Slip into a harness, strap on a helmet, and clip your carabiner onto a steel cable. You are ready to explore the rock faces of Sainte-Anne Canyon. You’ve never felt such energy! The rumbling of the waters in the depths of the abyss, the drizzle in your face and especially the adrenaline felt will certainly thrill you! No manipulation of the carabiner is necessary as it is a continuous lifeline. This activity is completely safe and is offered to visitors aged 6 and over.